New web address for this blog!

There are no more updates to this site - please continue to follow us at our new address: http://www.prayct.org




Friday, March 02, 2007

Same-Sex "Marriage" Legislation resurfaces in Legislature

The Orange Bulletin is running a piece today on the upcoming same-sex marriage battle, complete with quotes from legislators, some of whom still seem to be testing the wind...

State Rep. Themis Klarides, R-114, voted in favor of civil unions. But she would not commit to voting for same -sex marriage. "I don't know what I am going to do. I have always been a supporter of equal rights. I need to hear testimony and there are lots of legal issues to consider," Klarides said.

State Rep. Art Feltman, D-6, indicated he would support such legislation.
"We need to acknowledge the value of all stable relationships in all families not just those that fit traditions," Feltman said.

State Sen. Joseph Crisco, D-17, said his mind was not made up on the issue.
"I am going to keep an open mind until I hear all the arguments," Crisco said.


Please pray and also work to help legislators make good decisions!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: